The Beardmore Centre For Health Science
Welcome to the Beardmore Centre for Health Science, a unique venue providing an exceptional focal point for training and research activity for healthcare professionals across the country.
Our first-class centre is now open and aims to:
- enhance the experience of patients participating in clinical trials;
- increase the number of trials hosted by the Golden Jubilee National Hospital;
- provide excellent co-located hotel accommodation for patients taking part in research projects;
- enhance the clinical skills training experience for all health care professionals through the provision of two single bedroom ward
- provide simulation areas to support the training, development, and evaluation of healthcare professionals;
- provide a dedicated facility for clinical skills training involving the use of a patient simulator; and
- enhance surgical skills training through the provision of a purpose built area with the ability to live stream surgical procedures from the hospital.
The Centre features:
- consulting rooms specifically designed for patients who choose to participate in research studies;
- training rooms equipped with state-of-the-art conference technology, and
- fibre optic audio visual links from our cardiac catheterisation laboratories (cath labs) and theatres, providing the opportunity for enhanced surgical skills training.
The Centre is the latest addition to the NHS National Waiting Times Centre Board, which is also home to the Golden Jubilee National Hospital and The Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre – a unique facility combining excellence in medicine and healthcare with excellence in conferencing and hospitality.
For more information click here